How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Monday, March 21, 2011

While waiting . . .

. . . for spring to be here for good:

Peoria set a new snowfall record this winter. They recorded 52.5 inches of snow for the months of December, January, and February. That beat out the winter of 1978-1979, which I fondly remember.

The wheat crop appears to have survived the winter intact, and is starting to green up nicely. We were able to get the Nitrogen applied the other day ahead of predicted rain.

The new waterway I worked and seeded last fall has been damaged by the melting snow and late winter rains. It looks like it will need reworking and reseeding this spring.

We worked at the Mennonite Relief Sale Friday night. As always, I enjoyed seeing lots of friends that I rarely see. And eating some of Uncle Bob's homemade ice cream and buying homemade donuts for my Saturday morning breakfast.

I drove down to the Western Illinois Correctional Center Saturday to visit Phil. We were disappointed to learn that he was in a situation where he was unable to have visitors. But, it was a nice day for a drive through the country.

Daughter #2 is back from Nashville. It's not quiet around the house anymore.

I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
Matthew 25:43


2 Comments:

At 11:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It wasnt quiet in Nashville when she was there either.

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

hey!:) I hope thats a good thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home