How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Billfold

Have I ever told you about my billfold? I show it to a lot of people, partly because I'm kinda proud of it. My wife and daughters are embarrassed by it, especially when I pull it out in a restaurant or store to pay for something. They say the cashier gives me strange looks. Maybe they think that I'm a hardship case.

I got my billfold back when I was in high school. I would need something to keep my new drivers license in when I turned 16. My high school locker combination is still written on the inside of it in case I would forget it. It was a good quality leather billfold and it has served me well all these years (~39). The women keep threatening to get me a new one, but I already have two new ones in my drawer. This one is an old faithful friend that has kinda molded a spot in my back side and it just wouldn't feel right to use anything different. It has traveled just about everywhere that I've traveled (although, it travels mostly in the dark). I have been fortunate to have never lost it, and it has done a great job of keeping its contents secure. It has a few holes in it, but so far nothing has leaked out. At one time the color was a rich dark brown, but now it is faded and almost a mottled gray. It may not look real pretty anymore, but I'm hoping it can stick around with me a few more decades.





And he said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing.
Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Luke 22:35,36


3 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

I don't know if embarrassed is quite the right word... *grin*

 
At 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks a hundred years old.

 
At 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like Brent and his old t-shirt. Now I know where he gets it:)
I have heard, but never seen so it was great~! Love you much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home