How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Monday, January 03, 2011

Update

Our snow is all gone. Last week we had two days of spring, but then it was back into the deep freeze. I took my long johns off for two days, then forgot to put them back on for work Saturday. Big mistake.

We had the Young Group in New Year's Eve. I stayed up past midnight, but was in bed long before the youngsters left.

We drove to Champaign Sunday morning for Hannah's wedding. It was a blessing to be there and we were honored to be invited. The reception was in the pavilion at Lake of the Woods Park. Our family used to picnic and swim there when I was in grade school. I think my eighth grade class trip was there also. It had the only water slide that I remember seeing back in those days. I think you rode down the slide on a little wooden sled and skimmed across the lake until you lost velocity.
We had to rush back after the reception for our last holiday family gathering, which we were hosting. About 40 people showed up for the evening and my wife's baked potato bar. Our cousins from Alaska were here again and I enjoyed their stories and their take on current events. Uncle Bill told me a joke which I promptly forgot. Lots of food and visiting. It was a good day.


So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.
Matthew 22:10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home