How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Scrapbooking

Church was cancelled today because of the blizzard like weather. Not much snow, but strong winds causing whiteout conditions and frigid temperatures. I caught the morning service (live streaming) from Francesville (eastern time), and the morning service from Tremont. If Phoenix would have been live, I could have listened to their morning service also and then caught San Diego or Altadena's afternoon service. But I didn't - that might have been overload.

I then spent the rest of the day scrapbooking. Yes, I said scrapbooking! I was a scrapbooker when scrapbooking wasn't cool. I started when I was in early grade school, and have kept it up ever since. My scrapbooking is not the contemporary designer pages that are currently in vogue. Mine are a simple, basic record of the history that affected my life and my family. I saved Sunday School and school papers in the beginning and then included newspaper clippings, obituaries, memorial cards, wedding invites, wedding napkins, ticket stubs, programs, vacation itineraries, meeting agendas, and various other things that I think might be interesting to be reminded of some day. I usually let my material clutter up my bedroom, and then in the winter I spend a day affixing it all in the big book. This time I was about five years behind! Fortunately I made great progress today.


On that night could not the king sleep, and he commanded to bring the book of records of the chronicles; and they were read before the king.
Esther 6:1

2 Comments:

At 8:33 AM, Blogger Wendi said...

I had no clue you scrapbooked! That's awesome. :)

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Old Farmer said...

Like I said, it's nothing fancy. I just slap stuff in a generic book. Been doing it close to 50 years.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home