How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Thursday, December 23, 2010

High View

The kids and I climbed to the top of the grain leg to take our Christmas card picture for the year. While up there, I decided to snap a few shots of the farm and the surrounding countryside. The snow has a nice sanitizing effect on parts of the farm. The view from up there is certainly impressive, but is hard to do it justice with a camera. We got a good picture for the cards and they were mailed out today.







From "Random Kinds Of Factness": More people are killed by pigs than sharks each year.

He maketh my feet like hinds' feet: and setteth me upon my high places.
2 Samuel 22:34




4 Comments:

At 5:18 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

So does that put "IL Hog farmer" in the High Risk category?

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Old Farmer said...

Well, I know that farmers disability insurance is higher than most professions! So I guess it does.

 
At 1:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have missed reading since last Nov. post. Enjoyed it and better get to bed so I can see you (and smooth walls) in person. Love, K.

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Mary Ellen said...

Love the pics! Thanks for posting them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home