How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Winter Week

Another typical winter week has passed.
A few inches of fresh snow.
A few hours of fresh snow removal.
Daily chores and some maintenance work in the shop.

We took an afternoon off to attend a visitation. This seems to be too common this winter.

I finally installed the new toilet in our remodeled bathroom. I thought I had all the parts that I would need. But I still had to make a run to the hardware store for a part to adapt the new toilet to the old plumbing. Then I started on the sink installation. I thought I had all the parts I needed for that job also, but I had to make a trip to the hardware store, and my wife made a stop at Ace Hardware for me.
The sink still was not functional. It would take one more trip. I even try to keep spare plumbing parts on hand, but it seems that it is rarely just what I need.

Sunday the whole family went to T-town for church, followed by a lunch call at Bob and Jenny's. They had a full house. Family birthdays in the evening followed by a taffy pull. We enjoyed the day.

Monday I spent the day at farm meetings(in two different hotel conference rooms in two different cities), so I stopped for the last plumbing parts on my way home. The sink is now functional! We have a second bathroom again.
This little bathroom will be the nicest room in the house.


So they shall wash their hands and their feet, that they die not: and it shall be a statute for ever to them, even to him and to his seed throughout their generations.
Exodus 30:21

2 Comments:

At 5:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried to talk Mom and Dad onto Jenny's and your blog! They got to Jenny's and I told them to click on MFF for yours and they said "it doesn't go past Jan. 4" so you were due for an update:) Try to help them when you go in. I know how it is when someone shows me and I don't write it down or do it. You need to add Shelly's to your side to click on too. Then we all will just have to get in one:)
It is snowing and we have about 5 inches. Saw that school was cancelled tomorrow. It is pretty, but cold and i am glad that I can just look out! Feel for those having to go out in it, like you.
Have a good week.
Love,
K.
PS can't wait to see your new br! I should strip our paper, but I don't feel as ambitious as your wife and am afraid it wouldn't be done for plans in next month (guests).

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

Ha! Karen, they've been working on it for months. :)

We should have stopped to see the new bathroom after we went skating this afternoon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home