How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Quotes

I am currently reading Garrison Keillor's new book and I ran across a couple of quotes that I liked

"Life is complicated, so think small"

"You can't plant corn and date women at the same time. It doesn't work."

"The urge to be top dog is a bad urge. Inevitable a tragedy. A sensible person seeks to be at peace, to read books, know the neighbors, take walks, enjoy his portion, live to be eighty, and wind up fat and happy, although a little wistful when the first coronary walks up and slugs him in the chest. Nobody is meant to be a star. Charisma is pure fiction, and so is brilliance."

"The urge to perform is no indication that a person has talent."

My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.
James 3:1

1 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Interesting. However since I have read some of his editorials in the paper (I think he is the guy), his credence is nil and I have little desire to read his books. He has wit, but not true wisdom? email reply

 

Post a Comment

<< Home