How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Finished

We finally finished harvest on the 15th. The latest in my career. Now it is time to start the work that we normally do in late October and in November! Because winter has arrived, it is doubtful that we will get any tillage work done this fall. The machinery all needs to be power washed, but that's not a cold weather job either.

I've gone Christmas shopping 3 times now in the past week. I think one more time should be all I need to finish what I need to buy. Sunday night we had our first family Christmas. Such an odd feeling to go immediately from harvest to Christmas. But it is here and I need to mentally shift gears and get in the spirit of the season. It is time to focus on the greatest gift the world has ever received, Jesus Christ, our Savior. And to pray for the world, the majority of whom still refuse to accept and embrace the gift.

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Romans 6:23

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home