How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Friday, October 16, 2009

Critters

Its mid October, it's still raining, it's muddy, the corn and soybeans are still too wet to harvest, the machinery is sitting in the shed, and I'm starting to feel like a country/western song.

A couple of squirrels have taken up residence in our corn crib. I'll walk inside in the morning to grind feed and there will be a squirrel sitting on top of the feed mill staring at me. Sometimes they make such a racket chasing around in there when I'm working that it sounds like a whole army.

While catching some baby pigs in an overflow pen in the barn yesterday, I looked into the corner of an alley and a skunk was looking back at me. About 4 feet away. Being unarmed, I chose to back away and leave him alone.

When we replaced our landscaping around the house this spring, we used bark mulch instead of the lava rock we used to have. The cats seem delighted that we put in a giant litter box for them!

I guess we need to get a new dog.

And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female.
Genesis 6:19

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home