How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Yet Another . . .

. . . book! Normally this time of year we are harvesting with no time to read. But as we wait for the crops to mature, I've had some time in the evenings to read.



I just finished Jim Daly's autobiography, Finding Home. This isn't your typical "rags to riches" story, nor even a "lost sinner finds salvation" story. It's a boy from a very disfunctional family that had a nomadic lifestyle and no religious influence that grows up to be the President and CEO of Focus On The Family! And what an incredible journey!



It makes me very thankful for my loving parents, stable family and home environment, and the spiritual heritage that was handed down to me. And I am grateful that in spite of myself, and by God's Grace, we have had the opportunity to pass these gifts on to another generation.



Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments.
Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:
And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.


Malachi 4:4-6

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home