How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Monday, September 14, 2009

Another Book

I read another good book over the weekend. Gone in a Heartbeat is the story of a family whose two teenage Christian girls (written by their parents) were murdered leaving church one Sunday by a gunman on a violent rampage. It is a sad, but heartwarming story of dealing with tragedy, the grief process, Christian forgiveness, and the support of a church family. It is a real testimony of faith.
I feel very blessed in that I have seen similar faith, forgiveness, and support within my church and denomination. But I hope and pray that no one would have to go though these types of fiery trials.


Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come;
'Tis Grace that brought me safe thus far
and Grace will lead me home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home