How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Monday, August 24, 2009

Happenings

We spent a week in the Ozarks with family. It rained several of the days, but our last day there was as beautiful as it gets. I celebrated by swimming in the lake, indoor pool, and the outdoor pool. As I get older, I think I am perfecting the art of relaxation (laziness) on vacation. I slept late, ate a lot, and napped a lot. I read the book Alive, the true story of the Uraguayan rugby team whose plane crashed in the Andes Mountains in 1972 and were stranded for ten weeks. It is a classic survival story with an interesting twist.

This past weekend, Son #2 moved down to Champaign to attend the great U of I. We went down for church and the new student picnic.

Today, Daughter #2 started her college at ICC. I threatened to have her pose for a picture by her car before she left, like she did in front of the school bus when she started kindergarten. She wasn't to keen on that idea.

We pray that they will seek the wisdom of God while being educated by man.

We are still experiencing mild temperatures and plenty of rain - - somewhat abnormal for August. Everything still looks lush around here. The lawn mowers are kept busy. Because of the late spring, harvest is still a long ways off.

For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.
Proverbs 2:6

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home