How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thankful

Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our lord Jesus Christ:
Ephesians 5:20

We were reminded of this verse during our Thanksgiving Day services.

Its been a little difficult to give thanks for all the rain and mud and slow dry down and late harvest and . . .

But I do try.

I expected to be in the field on Thanksgiving afternoon, but it was still too wet. By Saturday though, we were back at it, cutting ruts and getting things stuck. I missed our first family Christmas get-together. They did bring me a plate of food to the field. We are hoping the first week of December will be a productive one. I wonder what kind of turnout there will be for the Peoria Farm Show this week. I think the exhibitors are a little worried about attendance, since most farmers are still in the field.

We spent this evening with Uncle Bill. Two new jokes.

Q. Where do honeybees go to the bathroom?

A. At the BP station.

If you ever feel like taking off your clothes and running around naked, spray yourself with Windex. It stops streaking!

I have many reasons to be thankful, and I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home