How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Friday, February 12, 2010

Newspaper

I like reading the newspaper first thing in the morning. While the news is still fresh. I know I can get all the news on the web now, but I still prefer the paper. The newspaper is shrinking in size and there are less features, less in depth stories, and fewer pages of news. No wonder people are turning to other sources. But I still like reading the paper.

For most of the last 15 or 20 years we had the same carrier delivering our paper. It would be in the box between 4:30 and 5:00 every morning, unless the roads were physically impassable. Then it would come late after the roads were again passable.

Our old carrier retired, and now we have irregularity. The paper is rarely in the box before 6:00, and often it is as late as 7:30. And if the weather is foggy or raining or snowing or icy or something, it may not show up at all! And yesterday the paper that showed up in our box was the Wall Street Journal instead of the Journal Star! Now I enjoy reading the WSJ, and I used to read it daily, but I'm paying for the PJS.

I've been forced to rely more on the Internet as a news source.

Ah well, maybe someday I'll be reading the morning paper on an iPad or a Kindle.

As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country.
Proverbs 25:25

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home