How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Soaked

Yesterday I spent two hours outside in a cold drizzle moving, sorting, and shipping hogs. We got soaked to the skin. You would think that I was old enough to know when to come in out of the rain! Except it is part of my job description - neither rain, snow, sleet, or hail will prevent the U.S. Farmer from doing his job. Or something like that. Today wasn't any better, except I didn't have to spend as much time out in the rain. Now I think I'm coming down with a cold.
I came in the house today to see my daughter wearing "Mother Gledhill" (a family heirloom apron), and in the process of making three pies from scratch.
Dutch Apple, Cherry, and Pecan!
Let the festivities begin!
A Blessed Christmas to all!


Thus saith the Lord, Keep ye judgement, and do justice: for my salvation is near to come, and my righteousness to be revealed.
Isaiah 56:1

3 Comments:

At 10:05 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Dad! are pies really that exciting that one must blog about them?

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Wendi said...

Good Job, Shelly! I'm impressed. :)

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

of course shelly! pie makes the world go round. :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home