How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Friday, February 19, 2010

Fresh Paint

It is the time of year when the old farmer's wife (and daughter) looks around the old farmhouse and decides that it needs some redecorating. The old farmer sighs, rolls his eyes, and keeps his mouth shut. I didn't think that there was anything wrong with how it looked.
She spent a couple of weeks tearing down not very old wallpaper, moving furniture, cleaning, taping, and putting down drop cloths. And oh yes, a lot of painting. I did some plaster repair. Matt wired in new light switches and outlets (Hint: make sure that when someone tells you the light went out when that particular breaker was flipped, that they know which light you are referring to!).
So we now have fresh paint. We have an upstairs bedroom that is "river falls" (green gray or blue gray, depending on the lighting), a downstairs bedroom that is "spring view green" and white (the pottery barn look), and the entry/sun room is "sweet rosy brown"(basically the color of dried blood - that will make a statement!).
Which makes the whole house smell like fresh paint.
And by the time I get used to it all, they will want to change it again!
Ah, this old house . . .

That said, I will build me a wide house and large chambers, and cutteth him out windows; and it is ceiled with cedar, and painted with vermilion.
Jeremiah 22:14

3 Comments:

At 11:15 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

um... that wallpaper has needed to go for years, dad.

I can't wait to see it all... :)

 
At 11:24 PM, Anonymous Son #2 said...

Surely you could have lobbied for at least one orange and blue chief illiniwek room. Such a sad state of affairs when im not around.

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Karen said...

I will definitely have Randy read this:) He will feel a kindred spirit! However, since I am not to be on ladders, our decorating expense has gone up! His wife is not as ambitious or as efficient as yours, I am afraid. I go back to the Dr. in month and maybe I will be healed up and cleared? Your "old blood" color sounds similar but better than my hubby's comment upon seeing our carpet for the first time last year. Oh, what a life!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home