How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Sunday, October 30, 2011

My new little granddaughter came to visit me tonight (she brought her parents too).  I got to hold her for awhile.  She sure is cute!

How about those Cardinals!  I see they just won their 11th World Series.  I don't think that they were the best team in the National League, or the best team in the majors, but they must have "game".  They kept playing hard and never quit.  My condolences again go out to my Cub fan friends.
Maybe next year?

We harvested our Panola farm this week.  As I was finishing combining the corn, I kicked up 2 does and a fawn.  They are a long ways from any woods, but must like our corn.  We also saw a fox and several pheasants.  In our last soybean field at home there were 4 pheasants and an owl that kept moving over as I made each pass.  When I made the last pass they finally flew away.  I enjoy seeing wildlife in our fields (as long as they don't do a lot of damage).
We only have one field of corn left to harvest, and it is at home so hopefully it will come out quickly.

 Run now, I pray thee, to meet her, and say unto her, Is it well with thee? is it well with thy husband? is it well with the child? And she answered, It is well:
2 Kings 4:26

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home