How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Sunday, October 09, 2011

Grandpa Farmer

Jenny and Bob officially made me a Grandpa this week.  I am the proud grandparent of a cute little baby girl!  I was fortunate enough to already see her and hold her twice so far.  I love to see how tiny babies are -  especially their little toes and fingers.  I am continually amazed at how intricately God has created us.  Pictures are available here.

What does it say about a man who comes out of Menard's with more groceries than hardware?

We finally were able to combine our earliest field of soybeans so we could get our wheat sown.  We purchased a used no-till drill this fall so we could no-till the wheat in to save some time.  It seemed to go in well, but there is a learning curve.  The corn has dried down and is still standing well.


We had several breakdowns this week with our old combine.  It gets to be a little frustrating, but so far we haven't lost too much time.  Tomorrow morning we will be trying to put the unloading auger back together after replacing the horizontal drive gear case.


Above is an ash tree on the farm showing its fall colors.  Below I took a of picture of a uniquely striped pig I noticed.  Do horizontal stripes make it look fat?



I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
Psalm 139:14

1 Comments:

At 2:29 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Horizontal stripes make it look thin... the spotted pig should rethink the spots if it wants to look thinner.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home