How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Moving

Most of the week we enjoyed warm days and cool nights.  We are still very much in need of rain, but the pleasant weather makes it feel less urgent.
We call this kind of weather "camping weather".

Thursday, we took another load of daughter #2's stuff down to C-U.  I think she's all moved in now.  I attended the annual Agronomy Day at the South Farms - it was the first time I made it down for it in many years.  The University is letting the South Farms deteriorate because they are planning to move everything south, farther out of town.  There are lots of neat historic old farm buildings there, and I hope they save and restore some of them.  Of coarse they haven't come up with the money yet to build all the new buildings, so its sad to see the current state of disrepair.

I was preparing to drive out of the yard yesterday, when I saw my wife frantically waving at me and pointing to the front yard.  It seems that there was a skunk waddling around the landscaping in front of the house.  I ran into the house and grabbed the first available gun that would be ready for action.  It happened to be a semi-automatic rifle with a scope on it.  I was stalking around in front of the house, gun ready, trying to spot where the skunk went just as the sheriff's car drives by.  He didn't stop, so either he didn't see me or he thought nothing of seeing an old farmer in his front yard with an "assault rifle".
I never found the skunk.

When I had some free time this week, I tried to help at Jenny and Bob's house preparing for their move. 
Today was the big moving day.  But because they are coming out of a small duplex, and they don't have much furniture yet, and they've been moving little stuff all week, it was somewhat anti climatic.  Which was OK.  We enjoyed the day, and didn't have to overwork.
We wish them God's blessings as they make their house a home, and a haven in a fallen world.

And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.
Joshua 24:15

2 Comments:

At 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just caught up on the past months and enjoyed it all. It is interesting that the verse on us choosing whom we will serve was brought to my heart recently by the Holy Spirit. Probably about the same time you were typing it:)
Love you much,
Karen

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

Ha! Maybe he decided he didn't want to know what was going on...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home