How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Monday, July 04, 2011

4th

I watched fireworks from the top of our 108 foot grain leg.  Clear night, beautiful weather, beautiful view, but a little too far away.  I harvested wheat until the trucks were full (the elevator closed at 5), then went home to eat and finish chores.  By the time I was finished, it was too late to clean up and make it to town.  So the next best thing was the leg.

I am thankful for our freedom from tyranny and the democratic republic that we live under.  But with freedom and liberty comes great responsibility, and I fear that too many in this great nation have shirked their responsibility, and become dependent on government and its entitlements.  Too many look to government to solve all problems.  That creates bondage to man, the opposite of independence.  Being dependent on God gives us true independence, and submission to Christ brings true liberty and freedom.  And God has answers to our problems.
"Ideas have consequences"
The ideas of the founding fathers have been tested by time and fire, and have been a great example for all the world to see.  Imperfect, yes, but none the less the best application of government "of the people" in history.
My allegiance is to God, but I am grateful for our nation, freedoms, and blessings, and should be willing to support it any way I can.

And I will walk at liberty: for I seek thy precepts.
Psalm 119:45

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home