How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Friday, July 01, 2011

Waiting

The wheat has turned amber.  And so we wait for it to dry down for harvest.  We've had an abundance of rain which slows the dry down process.  I spent several days this week cleaning, inspecting, and servicing the combine.  We harvested a neighbor's field for him today, although it was still too wet.  He needed to haul manure, so he told us to take it out.  We tried some in our field and at first it looked like it was ready, but the further I got into the field the wetter it seemed to be, so I quit.  We won't know for sure what the moisture content was until in the morning when we haul the load to the elevator.  Unless it rains, we will probably be combining on the 4th.

Wednesday night after church, daughter #2 had a trip reunion slumber party at our house.  At one time there were 9 girls here.  I went to bed and didn't have any trouble falling asleep.  I was informed in the morning that there was a lot of hooting, hollering, and running around going on until the wee hours of the night.  Thankfully, I slept through it all.  And it was really quiet when I got up in the morning.

The boys are in Canada for a long weekend to camp, paddle, and fish.  Hopefully they found the walleye honey hole that they are looking to find.  You just can't beat shore lunch walleye.  It almost makes my mouth water just thinking about it!

When thou liest down, thou shalt not be afraid: yea, thou shalt lie down, and thy sleep shall be sweet.
Proverbs 3:24

1 Comments:

At 10:32 PM, Blogger Wendi said...

Thanks again for putting up with us.
I'm glad we didn't wake you up at all! Haha...What a miracle! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home