How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Chaplin & Marx

I was listening to the radio in the combine cab last week, and the announcers started chatting about Charlie Chaplin. Charlie was an actor/comedian from the early years of motion pictures. Another early actor/comedian from the early years was Groucho Marx. I thought of some of my favorite one liners attributed to them.

I remain just one thing, and one thing only, and that is a clown. It places me on a far higher plain than any politician.
Charlie Chaplin

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
Groucho Marx

I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know.
Groucho Marx

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.
Groucho Marx

I am at peace with God. My conflict is with Man.
Charlie Chaplin

To help a friend in need is easy, but to give him your time is not always opportune.
Charlie Chaplin

I intend to live forever, or die trying.
Groucho Marx

I must confess, I was born at a very early age.
Groucho Marx

Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him.
Groucho Marx

Till he fill thy mouth with laughing, and thy lips with rejoicing.
Job 8:21

2 Comments:

At 7:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Neat!

 
At 9:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When did you hear all that? I don't remember it on the radio!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home