How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Vacation

The first two days of work after vacation have been tough ones. The temperature and humidity make physical work almost unbearable. I spent the days drenched in sweat. Today I went through two sets of clothes. When I come in the house into air conditioning, it feels freezing. The good thing is that I think we are starting to get caught up with our work. The feed mill continues to give us problems, but we keep plugging along.

I spent my week at Kentucky Lake resting up from the previous weeks of work. I slept late every day, ate a lot of food, took naps every day, and ate more food. I got caught up on some of my magazine reading, and I made it to the beach a couple of times. We had Internet access, so I was able to keep up with the markets and my email. The fishermen weren't having much luck the first 6 days, so I didn't bother to buy a license. The old farmer's wife cooked our traditional meal of haystacks one night - always a hit. The other meals did not disappoint. Newcomer Ron made his special caramel corn one night, and grilled fish for us on the last night. The entire family made it for at least part of the week, except nephew Brent and his family. I believe a good time was had by most.

Yet a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep:
Proverbs 6:10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home