How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Thursday, April 04, 2013

Easter Surprise

"What was I thinking when I planned this?" said Daughter #2 as twelve "Secret Sisters" arrived at our house Saturday night in their Mothers' wedding dresses.  "How am I going to keep my secret?" 
From my hiding place in the basement, it sounded like they had a great time.  And I peeked a few times, and they all looked pretty sharp in the dresses.

Daughter #2 announced her engagement on Easter Sunday!  Not sure I am quite ready for my little girl to leave me.  *sniff*

I tried to remember to tell her that whenever she was out around the young males she should walk with a limp, speak with a lisp, and cross her eyes.
Either she forgot, or Nathan saw through the act.

The burping and hysterical laughter however are no act! :)

So, it made for a little more excitement than we were expecting!  The out of state family members didn't make it this year to Easter dinner, so the group was a little smaller than normal.  But we had a special guest, which added to the enjoyment.  The fellowship and the ham were both good.

We found the planter today where it was tucked away in a far corner of the shed.  We have it hooked up to the tractor and are starting to get it ready for planting.  The weather is starting to feel a little more like spring now, and it is staying light longer.  Good signs.

 And I will betroth thee unto me for ever; yea, I will betroth thee unto me in righteousness, and in judgment, and in lovingkindness, and in mercies.
Hosea 2:19

3 Comments:

At 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You paint a very grim picture of the young Christian men Michelle would interact with if they are only looking at a woman's looks when they propose marriage.

Women (and men) with disabilities or who aren't the best looking are deserving of love and can find it, even if they have a limp, a lisp or are cross-eyed. I would think that this should be especially true for Christians since they would instead be searching for God's will and the evidence of a Christian witness in a future mate.

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger Old Farmer said...

Tongue-in-cheek: adj. [1] Tongue-in-cheek is a phrase used as a figure of speech to imply that a statement or other production is humorously or otherwise not seriously intended and it should not be taken at face value. [2] By 1842, the phrase had acquired its contemporary meaning similar to "take what I am saying with a grain of salt," indicating that a statement was not meant to be taken seriously.

No offense intended.

 
At 3:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew what you meant:) I also know that we would cherish any person that God would choose for our children. May His Will continue to be done. We are thrilled for you.
Love, k

 

Post a Comment

<< Home