How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Red and White

Last Thursday night we were invited to the Roanoke Apostolic Christian Church along with a group of numerous others to sing for the Zion's Harp recording project.  The Roanoke church, with its unique ceiling, room shape, and its wall surfaces, make for excellent acoustics for recording a large acapella singing group.  We enjoyed the fellowship and the singing, and I was surprised at how well my voice held up over the three hours.

Saturday evening we were blessed to partake of Holy Communion.  It is always a sobering, yet special and uplifting evening.  I am always humbled by how blessed I am to be covered by the blood of the Lamb.  Humbled by the great sacrifice that made it possible.  Humbled by the blessings I enjoy that I do not deserve.

And I think I say this every year, but wine never tastes as good as Mogen David Kosher Concord Grape wine tastes at Communion.

Palm Sunday was a full day with worship, Sunday School program, and a singing in the evening.  With a major snowstorm occurring all day as a backdrop.  It's spring, but we are getting our January snow now!  About 7 inches in our area.  Fortunately it was wet snow, and didn't drift as much as dry snow would have.  But the wet drifting snow and slush combination still made the roads somewhat hazardous.  With the warming trend this week, it should be gone by the weekend.

We have been seeing a high death loss in a group of pigs that we have at our neighbor's farm.  So this morning we had the vet out to determine the cause and a course of treatment.  It has been a long time since I watched a vet "post" (necropsy) a pig, and I actually enjoyed it.  I hope I didn't bug him by asking too many questions as he sliced and diced, examined tissues and organs, and took samples to send away to a lab for testing. 
It made for red snow. 
I then drove to Wyoming (Illinois) to pick up some medications he suggested we try in the meantime.

After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.
I Corinthians 11:25

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home