How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Wednesday, January 02, 2013

New Year

I have been keeping busy doing year end bookwork and inventories.  It's not a bad job to do on these cold winter days.  Our banker wants a complete detailed balance sheet, so I spend quite a bit of time working on that.  You have to keep your banker happy!
I got the USDA Census of Agriculture form in the mail this week.  It has become more of a book than a form, so I spent several hours filling it out to do my patriotic duty.

Probably because of the implementation of "Obamacare", my health insurance company has decided to phase out their individual health care policies.  So I have been shopping online for another company.  I am seriously considering switching to one of the Christian sharing plans that are available.  They seem to be a good fit for my convictions and lifestyle, and are much cheaper.

I've been reading a book on anti-gravity and levitation.  It's so fascinating that I can't seem to put it down! 
(Latest Uncle Bill joke)

We had the church young group in for New Year's Eve.  It was a very good turnout and we had an enjoyable evening.  They played some group games, ate a lot of good food, and sang the New Year in.  Of course, when I went to bed at 1:00, most of them were still here.  But that didn't keep me from sleeping.


Remember the days of old, consider the years of many generations: ask thy father, and he will shew thee; thy elders, and they will tell thee.
Deuteronomy 32:7

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home