How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Tree sitting

In all of my years of deer hunting, I think this past weekend was the most beautiful weather that I have hunted in.  Cool, crisp, clear, still mornings in the 30's and warm, clear, still afternoons in the 50's made for very comfortable treestand sitting.  Both sons took bucks.  I only saw a couple of small deer, so I waited.  Saturday evening, something spooked a button buck past my stand so I watched to see what it was.  A coyote came sneaking along into view, so since I was starting to get bored, I decided he made a great target and shot him.  I'll try to get back out for the second season to get some venison.

The winter meeting and show season has started. 
Today I shook hands with Coach Herman Boone.  The movie, Remember the Titans, was based on the inspirational story of his first football coaching year (1971) at a newly integrated and consolidated High School in Alexandria, Virginia. 
I was attending the Illinois Commodity Conference and Coach Boone was the keynote speaker.  I enjoyed his message on the importance of teamwork in agriculture to overcome the obstacles that we face, and anecdotes from his experiences that season.

And he ran before, and climbed up into a sycomore tree to see him: for he was to pass that way.
Luke 19:4

.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home