How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Bin Removal

We are going to reside our old corn crib and add on to the side of it this spring. There are two small bins sitting where the addition is going to be built. Today Billy Danial brought his backhoe to the farm to help us remove the bins.

The first bin will be junked. The backhoe goes to work tearing down the bin and folding it up in a compact package.






Billy is good!



The folded up bin is then set on the truck to be hauled to the salvage yard.




The second bin is going to be saved and used for a storage shed by my brother who lives a mile down the road. This will be a little trickier. the backhoe lifts the bin off of the foundation (carefully and slowly) and then heads on down the road with it.




This made quite a sight as it made its' way down the road. It made it to its' final destination without any major problems. Several cars had to pass during the trip, which made it interesting.
And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods.
Luke 12:18
























2 Comments:

At 8:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hate to spoil it for you, but if you recall the man quoted in Luke 12:18 dies a few verses later...

 
At 9:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, and I intend to die (physically) also, but hopefully more than a few verses later! But the verse is a good reminder.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home