How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Gifts

A sampling of the gifts I received this Christmas:

"Bounty Hunter" metal detector - - yes, this is one of those wand jobs with a disk on the end of it that guys carry around on beaches that beep when they find pop can tabs! Its actually a fairly practical gift for a farmer. We can use it to find broken chisel shanks in fields (before we puncture a tire), find small bolts and parts we drop in the grass while working on machinery, and find dropped nails around construction projects.

Olympus Stylus 760 digital camera - - I have officially entered the age of digital photography. I like to take slide pictures, so I held off going digital. I plan to continue with slides, and supplement with digital. Maybe more pictures will show up in the blog in the future (if I can ever get through the operators manual).

Books on living in Alaska and how to build a log cabin - - I hope to go back to Alaska someday, and one of my dreams has been to live in the woods in a log cabin overlooking a lake. I can dream can't I?

New clothes for when the old farmer cleans up and goes to town.

Gander Mountain gift card - - very practical gift, you can't go wrong at Gander Mountain!

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. James 1:17

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home