How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Twenty Years Ago

Twenty years ago today (on Friday the 13th), the Lord and seatbelts saved our lives.










It was after dark and we were on our way to visit my grandmother in the nursing home. At the time there were just four of us - my wife and I and two children. At a rural intersection, a telephone company step-van ran a stop sign and we hit it dead center broadside at 55 MPH. I walked away from it (with several minor injuries); the two children who were strapped in car seats in the back were unharmed. My wife had extensive injuries and was trapped in the car - the dashboard was sitting on her lap. Hence the reason the rescue squad had to cut off the roof and passenger side doors. We were fortunate that within weeks everything was getting back to normal.
It is our hope that with the twenty years of life (so far) that God has given us since then, we have been faithful servants.
Twenty years ago today, the Lord and seatbelts saved our lives! Know Him and use them!
In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears. Psalm 18:6





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home