How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Seasons

This afternoon we had our annual all-church Christmas caroling. I like singing Christmas carols, but it seems too early to be caroling.
But it seems that all seasons are being pushed so far ahead of schedule that we're always in the wrong season. Garden seed catalogs arrive in the mail on Jan. 2nd. Try to buy a winter coat in February and the stores are putting out swim suits. Winter catalogs and merchandise come out in August. Christmas decorations get put up before Thanksgiving.
I think it would sure be nice to just celebrate the times and seasons during the times and seasons.

Thou shalt therefore keep this ordinance in his season from year to year. Exodus 13:10

On Friday afternoon I headed back out to my deer stand because I had not yet filled my tag. I wasn't looking forward to sitting in a tree in freezing cold, windy conditions. I climbed the ladder into my stand and before I even sat down, 6 deer came running towards my stand. I grabbed my gun, picked out a nice doe, and five minutes later I was field dressing meat for the winter. I was very thankful to be done hunting before the ice storm hit on Saturday.


Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home