How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Monday, February 19, 2007

Thankful

I have many reasons to be thankful after arriving home from Haiti.
I am thankful for:

-- safe, smooth flights (all 8 of them)
-- no stomach or intestinal problems from eating all the strange foods (including goat, fried spam, mango, papaya, breadfruit, fried banana patties, pumkin soup, akra, planteen, aprico). And yes, the goat was very good!
--protection and safety while traveling on haitian roads standing up in the back of a pickup (some of them were more like wide goat paths)
-- for the dedication and enthusiasm of Haitian Christians and the missionaries that support them
--for the physical and spiritual seed being sown on fertile ground in Haiti
--for the stewardship, far reaching projects, and magnitude of Apostolic Christian World Relief.
--the continuing success and expansion of SEED Ministries
--the fellowship with the team members (who I never met before)
--morning devotions in the gazebo with the team
--the opportunity to hear beautiful Creole Hymns sung to us in church, in a classroom, and at a Nursing Home
--the opportunity to listen to Frantz tell Aggie stories
--the opportunity to watch Bro. Bob Bebee recite "The Cremation of Sam Magee" around a pretend campfire
--for not getting a single mosquito bite
--Bro. Neil not complaning about my snoring
--for getting to see a real tarantula
--for all the comforts and material blessings I enjoy at home
--for midwestern winters - I don't think I could take year round heat and humidity
--that all was well with family and farm when I got home . . . except the septic system!
--a hot shower ( no more cold, military showers), my own pillow, and my feather bed
--my faithful and supportive wife

For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more. Luke 12:48

So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do. Luke 17:10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home