How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

S.E.E.D.

S.E.E.D. Ministries, Inc. is a Christian organization in Les Cayes, Haiti devoted to spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ and promoting agricultural education and development. They have a Bible Institute, training farm, research farm, veterinary program, and extension program. The Lord willing, the old farmer plans to leave Thurs. morning to spend a week in Haiti helping out at S.E.E.D. I'm not sure what the TSA inspectors will think when they search my luggage, because I will be packing 30+ lbs. of goat wormer, goat ear tags, fence building tools, and various NAPA parts for a Dodge truck! My luggage should be much lighter and simpler coming back. I look forward to the fellowship with the eight member team( none of whom I have met), who I will meet up with in Miami. I also look foward to serving the Lord in some small way at S.E.E.D. I'm pretty sure it will be warmer there than it is here in the midwest.

2 Comments:

At 10:05 PM, Blogger sarah said...

I love S.E.E.D.! If you read this before you leave, (you probably won't) tell Frantz, Doris, Daniel and Manuel that the Hodel's from Roanoke said hi! Have a great trip!

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger Janelle said...

Please give love and greetings to Neil Stoller from Brent and Janelle (Schlipf) Young, Phoenix AZ! He is currently en route to Miami by way of Biloxi by way of Phoenix, originating from the Princeville area.

Have a great week in Haiti! The goat is pretty good, so are the fried bananas. . .

your (and your daughter's) blog is a must read for re-located midwesterners

 

Post a Comment

<< Home