How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Friday, December 22, 2006

Christmas Shopping

I think I have finally completed my Christmas shopping! I like to shop(I know guys, I'm strange), but the older I get, the more I dislike fighting the crowds. One problem I have when Christmas shopping, is that I see all the neat stuff available out there and I end up buying stuff for myself. Shopping is fun when you know what you are looking for, or at least have good ideas. But shopping for my lovely wife when I don't have a clue(she would agree with that) what I should get her is the problem. Now I know what I would like to get her, . . . but I learned the hard way that what I would like to get her and what she really wants are far, far different(venus and mars?)! You see, about this time of year Farm & Fleet always puts their 18 quart roaster on sale. Every good farm wife needs an 18 quart roaster, and I would love to buy her one. But I've learned that practical isn't desirable as a gift for the ladies. So I shop and shop until inspiration( or my daughter) comes to my rescue - - and they finally have. So I'm done.

One of these years I'm going to be brave and buy her that 18 quart roaster.

And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

2 Comments:

At 12:58 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

HaHa! O wow, poor mom. :) When you do finally get her the roaster you better get something else extra nice to go with it! Like a trip to Hawaii or something.

You know you're not supposed to buy yourself stuff when you go christmas shopping.... somehow you always end up getting the exact same thing from somebody else. Although I doubt anybody will be getting you more wellingtons. :)

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Heidi said...

Haha! You remind me of my dad. He now just gets my mom gift certificates, after several years of getting her really interesting clothes.

And who says ladies don't like practical gifts? That's all I ever get and I like them just fine. (although I certainly wouldn't be to excited about a roaster.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home