How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Monday, May 22, 2006

Back in the Saddle

We had a weekend of beautiful Worship, weather, fellowship, and graduation parties.

I spent the noon hour Sunday with a hurting friend and Brother in Christ. I felt inadequate knowing that there were no words of encouragement that would remove the trials and solve his problems. As we stood and talked the sun was shining thru the foyer windows, despite his gloom. I am reminded of the following lyric

Farther along we'll know all about it
Farther along we'll understand why
Cheer up my Brother, live in the sunshine
We'll understand it all by and by.
I'm praying for that Brother and his family, and indirectly for all who are hurting or needy.
Today, the sun is shining brightly, the sky is clear but for a few high wispy clouds, the air is warm, and the soil is favorably dry.
The Cornbelt Cowboy is back in the saddle! (the Old Farmer is back on his John Deere).
Behold, a sower went forth to sow;

2 Comments:

At 8:28 AM, Blogger Luke said...

Speaking of hurting brothers...

I received this email today:

Brothers and Sisters,

Since I know you are all pray-ers, I want to humbly ask you to pray for Bro. Marc and Sis. Diann Grim, who are Houseparents at Gateway Woods. Tonight (Monday) at around 6:00PM, their 4-month-old son passed into eternity suddenly and absolutely unexpectedly. We at Gateway Woods are absolutely stunned and deeply saddened. We plead with you to pray for the Grims and for the kids who they minister to. I don't have any specific requests at this point. I just ask you to pray through the Spirit, as He goes to the Father with "groanings that cannot be uttered."

Praying With You All,

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

Dad...sometimes I wonder about you. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home