How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Water, water everywhere . . .

. . . and not a drop to drink.

Last evening the deep well pump started blowing fuses and quit working.
When you have:
1200 hogs
55 chicks
13 cats (guess)
1 dog
1 rabbit
6 humans
all dependent on the pump to quench their thirst, it gets to be a little concerning when it quits.
The well/pump repairman showed up at 8:00 this morning and by noon we had a new pump installed and running water. Then the pump started vapor locking from the natural gas in the water/ground and would stop pumping. So, the afternoon was spent replacing the new pump with another new pump(different style) and by 5:00 we had running water again.

I am thankful that through Christ we have a source of Living Water that will never fail us.

But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life. (John 4:14)

I am also reminded of one of my favorite verses from the Revelations.

And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. (Revelation 22:1)

And it rained again. Happy Birthday.

1 Comments:

At 8:39 AM, Blogger Luke said...

It's such a blessing that as our minds become sanctified by the workings of the Spirit that we start to see spiritual analogies in the daily grind of life.

For me, one of the challenges is to think spiritually while in the midst of the day...to think to thank God for His everlasting water of life while I'm actually standing there looking at the broken pump and feeling thirsty.

Too often it's at the end of the day, when I look back in review, that I see the spiritual lesson to be learned.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home