How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Sunday, May 14, 2006

New Life!

New life was abundant this past week. We got our annual batch of day old baby chicks on thursday. They are really cute little yellow furballs. We dip their beaks in water when they arrive to teach them how to drink and after that instinct takes over. Its fun to watch them half-hazardly careening around the pen bouncing off each other, cheeping loudly, then huddling under the heat lamp to rest.

The newly planted corn is emerging from the freshly tilled fields. It's an exiting day when you drive down the road past a field and you can "row" the tender plants as they push thru the surface seeking sunlight. The barren ground of winter gives way to the greening of spring. Similarly, our barren hearts receive new life when we seek the light of the Son.

My little sister gave birth to a new baby boy last week. I am always in awe of how little newborns are and I marvel at their tiny fingers and toes. We are fearfully and wonderfully made.

Two of our children were announced before our congregation as having found peace with God after repentence and conversion. We are thankful, humbled, and blessed. We look foward to their baptisms.

New Life!


"Who plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see believes in God"

3 Comments:

At 9:37 AM, Blogger Luke said...

Welcome.
I hope you find blessings here.

Hopefully this will give you a wonderful avenue to sow your seed a little further. :)

I look forward to reading what's on your heart.

Let me know if you'd like me to add you to my list of blogs, or if you'd rather lay low. :)

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Old Farmer said...

Luke, thanks.
This is an experiment, so for now I would like to lay low. This may be more than I can handle. :)

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger Heidi said...

Welcome to the world of blogging Ed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home