How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Powerwashing

Usually the entry level employees get the dirty jobs like powerwashing. Which means I usually get my sons to do it. But they were not around today, so I spent my afternoon powerwashing farrowing rooms. Bosses/managers should be willing to do anything that they require their employees to do - - not only willing but actually do it.

As I was washing I was reminded of Christ's example when he did the lowly and dirty job of washing his disciples feet. What a great example of willing, humble service.

After that he poureth water into a bason, and began to wash the disciples' feet, and to wipe [them] with the towel wherewith he was girded. (John 13:5)

Do you remember in the winter when you were a kid and you played in the snow for hours building snowmen, snow forts, digging caves, and having snowball fights? Do you remember how your gloves would get soaking wet? Do you remember what your hands smelled like after you came inside and took your wet gloves off?
That's what your whole body smells like after powerwashing all afternoon.
Pleasant thought?
I'm thankful for hot showers and Ivory soap.

2 Comments:

At 10:57 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

I don't know which is worse, powerwashing or cleaning cabinets with mom with a mouse on the loose. :)

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Luke said...

Maybe you should buy a snake and let him loose in the house to find the mouse.

Just a thought.

Christ was willing to do the lowliest of jobs because of His love for others. Cheryl Manz from Ohio has a post today that dovetails nicely with this one. If you go to my blog I posted a link to her site. It's worth the read.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home