How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Monday, April 10, 2023

Hair Cuts

 March was pretty much cool, wet, and cloudy all month.  We had a number of severe storms around the area, but fortunately we didn't receive any damage.  I didn't accomplish much.  I don't like to work outside in those conditions, so my outside work gets pushed later.  I should have had all my fruit trees pruned, but I am still working on them.  Still lots of sticks and branches to be picked up in the yard.  I do have most of the machinery ready for spring, and the lawn mower has been serviced.  

I had some minor surgery (cyst removed) on my head, and the doctor gave me some unrealistic restrictions.  I tried to take it easy for a week, but still had to lift and work.  I get my stitches out tomorrow.

We spent a couple weeks helping Son#1 get his new (old) house ready to move in.  I mostly helped paint.  He moved this past Saturday and had lots of help.  It went quickly and smoothly, and there were enough young, strong backs that I didn't have to do a lot of heavy lifting.  We are also looking for a house for the returning Brakers.  They will be coming back in June, and so far there are very few houses that come on the market that are in their price range and big enough for a family of six.  When a house does come on the market you have to make an immediate decision, because they go quick.

My barber retired the end of March.  I have had three barbers in my life.  My mom cut my hair until I was 17.  I was a teenager in the '70s, the long hair era, so I never liked hair cuts.  I constantly argued with my mom while she was cutting my hair about how long I wanted it.  Finally, before my senior picture she told me to go to a real barber.  I started going to Larry in Washington.  He would cut my hair and tell me if Mom didn't approve, I could come back and he would take a little more off.  When Larry moved away about twenty years ago, I started going to Angie in Eureka.  Now I need to look for another barber.

The weather in April has finally turned dry, sunny, and warmer.  We hope to get in the field sometime this week.

Cut off thine hair, O Jerusalem, and cast it away, and take up a lamentation on high places; for the Lord hath rejected and forsaken the generation of his wrath.      Jeremiah 7:29

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home