How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Friday, June 09, 2017

Memories

The last weekend in May, we took a little trip up to Germantown Hills to eat at the Germantown Grill.  They have an interesting menu including nine different types of horseshoes, and several unique pizzas.  I had the Texas BBQ Shoe and it was very good.   We will definitely go back again.

After our meal we stopped back in Washington and walked around the town cemetery.  It was a beautiful evening in a beautiful cemetery.  It was interesting to pick out the grave sites of old town fathers as well as some of our former landlords, family doctor, lawyer, eye doctor, and banker.  It is a peaceful feeling being in a cemetery knowing that this really is not the final resting place, and if we know Christ, our eternal home will be in heaven.




On Memorial Day, I stayed home and cleaned all the gutters on the house.  I got my workout moving ladders around, and climbing up and down.  I did take time to ponder the wonderful freedoms that we have, and the price that was paid for us to be able to enjoy them.

Last weekend we took our children and grandchildren to the historic Delihant Farm near Three Rivers, Michigan.  It is an old, updated farmhouse that had a pool, playground, trampoline, patio, large tree shaded yard, and a few trails.  We enjoyed our stay, had nice weather, and enjoyed good food.  It did get a little noisy at times, but it was mostly good noise.


Sunday morning we drove down to Milford for church.  It was my first time back to Milford since my Sunday School days.  We enjoyed the day of worship and fellowship.  I especially enjoyed meeting a lot of new people as well as renewing some old friendships.  I would like to see a Beer family tree, because I am a little confused after meeting so many!  And they served brownies and ice cream with toppings at lunch!  It's always extra work to take church clothes on vacations and to get up earlier than you would like to on a vacation Sunday morning, but it is always worth it.  A Brother thanked me for thinking to come visit a smaller church and what a blessing visitors are.  I told him that anytime we have made the effort to do that, I always come away with the greater blessing.  This time was no exception.  We have a blessed fellowship.

God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.
I Corinthians 1:9

1 Comments:

At 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, Ed. It is a blessing and one that we probably should appreciate more: to be able to fellowship and meet fellow believers and feel at "home" in a far away church. What a freedom that we have to be able to do that in our country.
I echo their thankfulness at visitors! Coming here before or after vacation? k

 

Post a Comment

<< Home