How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Pizza

When we were in Holmes County awhile back, we had a pizza supper one night at the B & B.  We ordered from Park Street Pizza, Sugar Creek, Ohio.  I now have two new favorite pizza flavors.  The first is The Memphis.  The ingredients are; pulled pork, BBQ sauce, onion rings, provolone cheese and cheddar cheese.  The second was Cowboy Chicken.  The ingredients are; grilled chicken, BBQ sauce, bacon, pineapple, mozzarella cheese, and cheddar cheese.  Delicious!  I would like to find something similar around here, or make it myself.

We intended to start planting corn today, but we had a planter malfunction.  We couldn't solve the problem ourselves, so at 9:30 this morning I called the dealer's service department.  I was told they were busy and would call me back.  I pulled the planter back to the shop and waited.  I didn't want to go out to the field to do other work because I was afraid I would miss the call or not be near the planter when they called.  At 12:30 I called them again and was told my name was on the list and they would be calling me.  I spent the afternoon hanging around the planter waiting for the phone call that never came. At 8:00 I put the planter back in the shed, more than a little frustrated.  I could have gotten a lot of other work done if I only would have known they wouldn't call!  We have some fields that are fit, and the rain seems to be holding off.  Let's hope tomorrow is more productive!

Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors.
Proverbs 8:34

2 Comments:

At 7:56 AM, Blogger Carol and Doug said...

Have you tried Sugar? It's a woodfire pizza place in downtown Peoria that has really interesting toppings. http://sugarpeoria.com/

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Old Farmer said...

Thanks for the tip! I will have to check it out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home