How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Monday, January 16, 2012

Snow

Thursday we had our first real snow/snowstorm of the winter.  When I went out to start chores at 6:00 in the morning it had not started snowing yet, but within 15 minutes it was.  We spent the day at the Precision Planting Winter Conference in Tremont.  We were saddened to hear that one of their dealers was killed in a weather induced car accident on his way to the conference.   The first storm of the season always reminds us how our driving needs to change with the weather.  I think we ended up with about 5 inches.

On Saturday morning our grain leg wouldn't start, so I climbed to the top to see if there was a problem up there.  Everything was fine on top, and I enjoyed a beautiful view of the white countryside on a calm, peaceful winter day.  Zeller Electric was called out on a Saturday, and we were thankful that Jon was available to immediately come out.  The problem turned out to be condensation moisture had gotten into the starter contactors and frozen.  After we thawed and dried them out, everything worked again and we were able to move the corn we needed for feed.

I was reminded in Church Sunday how blessed I am.  This verse was in one of the scripture readings.
I am thankful and humbled

I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.
III John 1:4


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home