How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Friday, April 09, 2010

Young Group

It was our turn to host the Young Group after they sang at the Nursing Home tonight. Son #1 told us not to expect more than a dozen or so people. When I came in from my work, the yard was full of cars and the house was full of about 30 youngsters! A pleasant surprise. There are four young girls visiting from Phoenix for the weekend, and the neat thing is, I was in the young group with all of their parents many years ago. Some of the young men were singing quartet music together for a while. There are several games going on including "Settlers" and a noisy game of Foosball. The old farmer's lovely wife made a big lunch which disappeared quickly.

There are people milling all around the house visiting and I'm not sure when I will get to take my shower or go to bed. But I'm not complaining - this is a good thing! Many lasting friendships and ties are being made and strengthened.

And they continued steadfastly in the Apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
Acts 2:42

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home