How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Friday, September 19, 2008

High

. . . with a little help from my friends.

About a year ago, strong winds and rain destroyed our yard light. I had installed it with a 25 foot extension ladder many years ago. That's pretty high to work on a shaky wooden ladder, especially when you're trying to wire it live. Our well is on the same breaker and I didn't want to shut it off while I worked. I decided I would wait for a better way.
Today, a neighbor let me borrow his bucket truck. What a difference that made! Much safer, easier, and quicker. Almost fun! It has a 36 foot maximum height, so I was able to get a good overview of the buildings and crops from up there. It gives you a whole new perspective on things. You can "take a trip and never leave the farm"!

Tonight the new light is illuminating the barnyard.



Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
Matthew 5:15

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home