How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Customer Service

I don't know if it's just me, but customer service seems to have taken a vacation.

Two years ago I talked to an HVAC contractor about hooking up a floor heat system in our shop. After several reminder calls over several months and no response, I called a second HVAC contractor. He also acted interested, but after several reminder calls over several months we still do not have a floor heat system hooked up.

Two weeks ago I called two garbage disposal companies about getting a dumpster for our farm with regular pickup service. Both companies took my name, address, and number, but wouldn't give me a price over the phone. They would get right back with me. I'm still waiting.

I called a livestock equipment dealer about getting parts for some feeders I bought from them years ago. The person who answered the phone said they would get back to me with the info I needed. A week later after no response, I called again. A different person told me they would check into it and get back to me. A week later after no response, I called directly to the manufacturer. They transferred me to the sales department, and the helpful lady took my order and info but told me she would have to get back to me the next day with shipping costs. That was a week ago. Do I have parts coming or not?

Two months ago I talked to a building contractor about residing our corn crib and putting on an addition. He would send someone out to give me an estimate. Even after a reminder, I'm still waiting. Two weeks ago I decided to talk to another contractor. He told me he would come and bid the project Monday or Tuesday last week. A week and a half later I'm still waiting and haven't heard form him.

I left a message on our local landscapers phone last week. I told him we were interested in redoing our landscaping around our house. No response.

You know the trouble we had before getting our (2 year long) barn roof project finished last summer.

We have a good credit rating. We pay our bills. I think we are nice people.

Do I have kick me written on my back?

And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

Romans 5:3,4

1 Comments:

At 7:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thinking you're too nice - but I like you that way.
Farmer's Wife

 

Post a Comment

<< Home