How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Saturday, January 23, 2021

Food and Fellowship

 Sunday, we were invited to lunch at Mary and Virg's along with the oldest farmer and my mom.  We had a delicious meal and good fellowship.  I love learning about cheese from the master!  I enjoy hearing Virg's stories from his long career at Kraft and his international cheese judging and consulting.  Although I already have too many hobbies, someday I would like to try making my own cheese.

For the first time since last March, I attended a farm meeting in person!  Precision Planting had their winter conference at the new PTI building on their research farm in Pontiac.  Wagenbach Builders just finished it on Monday.  We had to follow some Covid restrictions and group size was limited, but it was good to be at a real meeting with a group of farmers again.  Farmer visiting and sharing is an important wintertime activity.  And it's always interesting to see what new attachment is coming from PP.  And the food is always good.


The eagles were back this afternoon while I was hauling manure.  This one was a little braver than the last time they were here.



 

 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.      I John 1:7


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home