How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Mother's Day

We are still too wet to be in the field.  It rained again over the weekend and it just isn't warm or sunny enough to dry out fast enough.  This will be the latest that I have started planting in my career.

A couple Saturday nights ago we took the oldest farmer and my mom to the Peoria Choir Benefit Dinner.  We generally do not attend choir benefit dinners, especially this time of year, but they needed a ride and we were free.  The food was good and the music uplifting, so we enjoyed the evening.

Gus was barking off and on one night last week.  He was pacing under a tree when I got up in the morning.  This time, he had two raccoons treed and waiting for me!  They were pretty high up, so they dropped with a thud, but Gus was right on them.  He seemed proud of himself!

We had our family Mother's Day meal with my mom on Saturday night, so those of us who weren't busy on Sunday took the oldest farmer and my mom out to eat.  We wanted somewhere kid friendly, so we ended up at the restaurant in Bass Pro.  The food was good, it wasn't crowded, and they gave each mother a box of fudge, so I think it was a good choice.

The old farmer's kids came through with flowers for their mother, which kinda left me off the hook for the day.

She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness. She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.
Proverbs 31:26,27

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home