How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Monday, January 07, 2019

Over

Her stomach started feeling off Sunday evening.  Mine was a little funny during the night.  She was sick in the night, but I was able to get out in the morning and work until about 10:30.  Then I spent the rest of the morning in the recliner.  She was sick all day, but I made it into the afternoon, before I had to stay pretty close to the bathroom.  We had to miss Schlipf Christmas in Gridley in the afternoon, and New Years Eve services in the evening.  We had a pretty good night and were feeling much better on New Year's day - just a little wrung out.  Our family Christmas with our children and grandchildren started at noon.  I was napping when they showed up, and managed several more naps throughout the day.  I was able to supervise grand-kids in the basement from my recliner.
I didn't have much of an appetite for all the good food present for both meals, but fortunately my daughters and D-I-L's left some food for when our appetites came back.  This included stuffed mushrooms, oven sliders (ham&cheese, beef&french onion soup), cheese cake, and turtle stew!

This little guy was pretty excited about the cookies he helped make!


My book haul for the season.


Thursday evening we had our last Christmas at the old Sourdough Ranch with the Romersbergers.  Now it's book work, file cleaning, and tax prep time.

And ye shall serve the Lord your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee.
Exodus 23:25

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home