How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Monday, May 23, 2016

BOOKS!

The old farmer turned older last week.  Since this birthday was a "milestone" birthday, my wife decided to be creative and do something special for me.  Everyone knows I like books and I like to read, so she had D#2 spread the word to have a book shower for me (not quite old enough for a card shower yet!).  For several days before and after the big day, the UPS truck stopped daily and dropped off books, the mail box had books in it, people drove in our yard and left books, and they would show up in our van.  It was extremely exciting and was about as much birthday fun as you can have at this advanced age!
I received books from numerous genres, and every one of them looks interesting.  I even got several Grandpa books that I can read to my Grandchildren.  As of this writing, I have received 32 books, but they are still trickling in.  I may have to retire early in order to get them all read!
I also received a bookworm cake from my sister decorated with gummy worms.
Thanks to all who participated!



and even to your old age I am he; and even to hoar hairs will I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you.
Isaiah 46:4

1 Comments:

At 10:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was waiting to see how your birthday books went. :) Sounds like a success! The cake sounded so clever!
love, k

 

Post a Comment

<< Home