How Great The Yield From A Fertile Field

Random musings from an old farmer about life, agriculture, and faith

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Busy

Life has been busy.  A week ago Saturday we drove to Gridley for Uncle Bill's 90th birthday party.  Then back west for Trent and Candice's graduation parties.  I ate supper 3 times that day!

Did you hear about the man who had to have his left side amputated?

He's all right now!

Sunday was a wedding reception in Goodfield followed by potluck in the evening.  Monday afternoon we did a little shopping in Bloomington then the choir sang at Bloomington's VBS in the evening.  Saturday I attended a meeting put on by Chad Colby of AgTechTalk about UAV's, FAA regs, NDIV and thermal imaging.  Sunday was Josh and Amber's wedding in Washington followed by the reception in Roanoke.

Sunday storms brought us 2.3 inches of rain with wind.  We had a lot of branches down in the yard and I lost one of my apple trees.  Last night we had another 1.6 inches of rain, so we are close to 4 inches for the week with more forecasted.

Tuesday night we took my folks down to C-U for nephew Ned's masters recital. He performed pieces by Bach and Beethoven for over an hour from memory. He played very well, but the music was so sophisticated that I wouldn't know it if he did make a mistake.  I met his instructor afterword. She is a member of the Jupiter String Quartet, the Quartet-in-Residence at the U of I School of Music. She said she could get us some tickets for one of their concerts sometime.:)  After the reception, we took the Oldest Farmer and his wife for a short campus walk.  It was the first time the Oldest Farmer had seen the Morrow Plots.  We showed them the Carillon on the South Quad, Mumford Hall, walked over the Undergrad Library, past the Observatory, by Foellinger Auditorium, and onto the main Quad.  I think they enjoyed the little tour.  We then drove to Neal and Kim's in St. Joe for ice cream and some visiting before heading for home.  It was a late night, but a good time.

Take a psalm, and bring hither the timbrel, the pleasant harp with the psaltery.
Psalm 81:2

1 Comments:

At 11:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Old Farmer, I told Ned to give me that tour. He said, "I couldn't. I don't know half of the things he mentioned". So, I think that we should all get a tour from you next time we get out? love, your sis

 

Post a Comment

<< Home